The number of the stock footage clips is increasing day by day, but that doesn’t mean they all have the same high quality. This makes finding the perfect video clip for your project or presentation more tedious and challenging. The top five agencies to buy stock footage from include Shutterstock, VideoBlocks, iStock, Adobe Stock and Pond 5. All these stock sites offer high quality clips at affordable prices. It is up to you to find the perfect clip within their vast collections.
To help you with your hunt for cheap stock footage that fits your creative needs and budget, here are seven things you should consider:
- Visually engaging composition is one of the most important elements of a great video clip. It refers to the way in which the subject is constructed and placed within the frame. To give your project a modern and edgier look, look for footage with the subject near one of the edges of the frame.
- Another important element when choosing cheap stock footage, motion includes camera movement and movement of the subject. Look for clips with a distinct motion to give your creative project an added level of dexterity and value.
- If you are looking for high quality stock footage, also check out the performance of the talent in the clip. Avoid talents that look staged and less authentic. Also, shy away from chips with overacting talents.
- Good lighting refers to the balance, look, ratio and level of overall light within a shot or scene. It could come in natural light, generated artificially, or both. Premium stock footage are shot by professionals with a lot of techniques, equipment and tricks. Use a critical eye to look for this type of cheap stock footage.
- Another important criterion when choosing stock footage is authenticity. It refers to the truthfulness and naturalness of the overall quality of the clip. To find an authentic footage, look for clips that integrates well into your project. Their elements, such as performance, props, and wardrobe, should feel true to you and your audience.
- There are countless camera resolutions and formats to choose from today, and it can be overwhelming. To choose the right cheap stock footage, make sure the resolution matches that of your project. Talk to your video editor and technical team in order not to overlook this important element.
- Art direction. When searching for stock footage to complete your creative project, check out the art direction. The scenery, props and decoration within the scene should be well thought out and implemented to have an impact on your overall production.
Consider these seven things when choosing your cheap stock footage to ensure you are getting high quality videos. Other things you should check out are the length of the lens used in the film, the locations featured, and the compression codecs in which the digital files are delivered. By paying attention to these things, you can increase your chances of finding the perfect stock footage for your next creative project.
The best thing about cheap stock footage is it gives you high quality videos, even if you do not have adequate time and resources. Several versions of your ideas were already shot by talented contributors all around the world and are made available via stock media agencies. Stock video covers various styles and topics. Many feel authentic and are even more vibrant than you envisioned your creative projects to be. Once you find the video you need, you need to make the most of it using these tips:
- Stay organized. Staying organized does not only apply to your clutters in the real world, but also to online content. It allows you to prevent spending on cheap stock footage you don’t need just because you are in a hurry. No longer do you have to worry about saving links in your desktop just to find out that they are broken later. What you can do best is to save the ID number of the video and move on to the others until you have a collection of clips relevant to your project.
- Buy a higher resolution. If your budget allows it, always consider buying cheap stock footage in the highest possible quality. It allows you to use the video in many ways, especially if you are doing similar pieces with similar footage. It may be more expensive than its lower quality counterparts, but it will all be worth it in the long run. Moreover, you may regret not getting the right quality down the road if it does not fit your project.
- Be creative. If you have access to post-production technology, let yourself get wild. Push your creative limits and make the perfect video that will take your project to a higher level. Choose the tone. Color correct the footage. Color grade it. Match the color and sharpness. Do everything you need to do to make a beautiful result.
Companies all around the world use cheap stock footage in their video productions. They use it for conventions, seminars and other corporate events. It has actually become popular in interviews of VIPs and CEOs using a green background, where stock footage is inserted post-production, to impart a stronger and clearer message. If these companies recognize the importance of stock videos, there is no reason for you not to.
If you already realize the rewards and benefits of cheap stock footage, the next important thing you should worry about is getting the most out of it. You can start by staying organized to avoid purchases you will later regret. Also, be bold. Be creative. Edit the videos to make all the pieces fit together. Stock footage gives you more time and money to create an amazing project. So, what are you waiting for? Find the right footage and start working on it.
If you require video clips, credits are a great options. There is no iStock video subscription available to date, so credits are the only way to download video clips. The stock media agency offers flexible credit packages to suit any budget. Plus, the credits don’t expire so you can download the videos any time you need.
All videos belong to two collections – Essential and Signature. Every size is the same price. The cost only varies depending on the collection.
- Essential – The Essentials collection is the best value for tight budgets. It comes with a standard royalty-free license, so you can use the video clips in your projects. 4K and HD video clips will cost you 6 credits each or $60 for the 6-credit pack.
- Signature – The Signature collection includes the very best video clips of the stock media agency. All items in the collection are not available anywhere else. If you are looking to make a brand for yourself, this is the perfect choice! One 4K or HD video from the collection costs 18 credits. You need to purchase the 24-credit pack, which is priced at $220.
Why is it best to download with credits? Aside from the fact that iStock video subscription is not available, credits allow you to add an Extended
license so you can use the clips in many more ways. When you download with credits, your license do not expire. On the other hand, files downloaded with subscriptions end within 30 days when the subscription expires.
What are you waiting for? Visit iStock and purchase credits to start downloading the videos that will make your website appealing. Convey your message effective to your audience and tell the world about your story. iStock has millions of high quality videos in its library. You will surely find the perfect clip to complete your project.